Old August 10th 05, 01:02 AM
Scott M. Kozel

Rich Ahrens wrote:

Scott M. Kozel wrote:
"khobar" wrote:
"Scott M. Kozel" wrote:

The danger from this airport is not only from terrorists but could come
from just an ordinary airplane accident. On January 12, 1981 a plane with 79
took off in a snowstorm (nice going boys) and crashed in the Potomac River,
killing 74.

The only fatalities were from those on the plane. How is that "danger"

Unfortunately this is not the case:

"There were 74 passengers, including 3 infants, and 5 crew members on board.
All but 5 died. The aircraft struck 7 occupied vehicles on an Interstate
highway bridge and tore away a railing, killing 4 more people before it
plunged through the ice into the Potomac River. A total of 78 persons died
in the worst accident in Washington DC history. "

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_Florida_Flight_90

However, the fact that there were other fatalities does not diminish your
point.

My own website article (!) that has been online since 1997 agrees that
there were 4 fatalities on the bridge. Still, it is not uncommon for
an airline disaster to kill small numbers of people on the ground.

Then why the hell did you make the half-assed statement that "The only
fatalities were from those on the plane"?

I corrected my mistake several days ago, right after Paul pointed it
out. I have such a huge website, almost 500 webpages, that I don't
immediately recall every point that is written there, and that was
written 8 years ago.