Old January 21st 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Gliderpilot 1A

Default DSX Safly (Safe Fly) Tracker

Hi,
i just had a very nice conversation with DSX the builder of the DSX
Safly Tracker.
In my view this system is the best tracker, safety device available
for (glider) pilots.
In Europe we have thes ELTs but who knows if the ELT survives the
crash and can report the position to the Search and Rescue. With a
complete and high frequently track it will be much easier. The spot is
also very nice but tracking all 10 minutes generates a big area to
search. I wanted to buy a spot these days because of safety but i like
the DSX Safly much more and think of buying one.
Also the price seems to be very attractive.

I found a good presentation on their web. Sadly the website is not
very clearly arranged.

http://www.d-s-x.net/index.php?optio...d=1 9&lang=en

I am not an owner or have any relationship to DSX, only wanted to
inform you.

KT