Old March 22nd 11, 09:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
bildan

Default Reason 28, 29, 30.... why I don't paraglide

On Mar 22, 2:46*pm, tstock wrote:
When I earned my pilot's license a fellow pilot gave me a short but
serious talk about how dangerous soaring is, and how many friends had
been lost, etc. *Later in the day he nearly took off with airbrakes
deployed. Fortunately I did not pick up the wing but instead pointed
at the air brakes.

My point is not to criticize the pilot, but to point out that we are
all human and sometimes make mistakes. *To me this is what makes
soaring dangerous... falling into a routine and then falling out of it
without realizing you have done so.

My point exactly. Gliders don't kill pilots - pilots wreck gliders.