Old May 14th 20, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John DeRosa OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net

Default PLB Spot InReach Webinar 5-12-2020

On Wednesday, May 13, 2020 at 4:44:46 PM UTC-5, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:

I have the spot X due to the ease of sending txt and cheaper subscription (hey, I am a glider pilot). Having had a Blackberry (an early form of smart phone) for years I can type blind or without reading glasses and with adrenaline coursing through my veins, in the unlikely event of a crash. At 64 and if in an emergency I thought it might be easier to operate than something smaller w/o keyboard.

Jonathan - I believe that the monthly fee is the same for the Spot X and the Garmin InReach.