Old August 26th 05, 04:01 PM
Matt Barrow

"Seth Masia" wrote in message
Well, all that may be true, but rising fuel prices are now cutting into
corporate profits, which will affect the stock market. See the NYT piece

http://www.mywesttexas.com/site/news... 474107&rfi=6

I like your point about the fact that we're now using energy about twice

as
efficiently as we did 30 years ago. Note that the economy hasn't suffered
as a result. Which raises the question, what the hell was the

administration
talking about when it refused to promote further conservation measures on
the grounds that they'd hurt the economy? Could it be because this
administration is a parasite on oil industryn profits?

Probably because a whole slew of studies have shown conservation is only a
stop-gap at best.