Old August 6th 09, 04:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Westbender

Default SPOT User Survey - Altitude?

to pay an additional amount to justify the additional bandwidth
usage.

-Mark

Additional bandwidth usage? I don't get it. We're talking about the
message that gets sent from the Spot unit through the satellite,
right? How can one additional data element constitute "additional
bandwidth"?

As long as the Spot unit itself if capable of determining it's
altitude, I would think the only change required is a software update
and the message protocol for transmit and receive via the satellite.
An extra couple of bytes of data in the message doesn't seem like it
should be a big deal.

What am I missing?