Old October 12th 04, 04:53 AM
John Galban

"Dave Hyde" wrote in message ...
snip
Goods: Usually excellent support, well-founded and apparently
well-managed, stable company. Good support system. Huge builders'
network so if the company can't help, someone else probably can.

I'm currently assisting friends building a -9 and a -10. I've got
to agree with Dave that the factory support is outstanding. The -9
has been going together without a hitch. The -10 is kit #9 and there
have been a few minor problems, but that's to be expected as
production ramps up. Van's has addressed the problems quickly and
shipped replacement or missing parts right away. All told, both
planes are going together with remarkable ease. Everything fits like
it's supposed to with very little modification required.

Others: Anything less-than-good I might say about the kits
would be based on my 1991 RV-4 kit, and they've changed so much
since then that the problems I had are probably no longer valid.
The only other possibly negative thing I can think of is maybe
the price compared to other sort-of-similar kits, BUT! when you
consider what you get in the kit and what you end up with I think
it's well worth it.

snip

I helped a builder on a mid-90s -6 kit and it didn't come together
as easily as the current ones. Van's quality control has improved
tremendously.

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)