Old September 12th 08, 07:55 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bruce

Default Best club and commercial web sites

My attempt is www.whisperingwings.org.za

It generates a lot of traffic, has 34 back links (good measure of success) and keeps people informed.
Alexa page rank is 3 - also a good measure.

That said it is now two years old and about to get a heart transplant.

Unfortunately the "new" ships in the fleet are a 37 year old Kestrel T59D (19m Slingsby built version) and a 38 year old
Std Cirrus. Last decade is nothing on the trainers, 1956 and 1964 - still going strong but not very sexy.

Bruce

sisu1a wrote:
On Sep 11, 6:01 pm, Vsoars wrote:
Which clubs and commercial operations have outstanding web sites that
make people eager to give soaring a try? Out of date sites with
pictures that don’t include recent improvements and photographs that
are obviously from another decade can’t help us recruit members.
Great web sites can. Please give us some inspiration.

My club's site falls into the not so inspiring category, so I will
nominate one from an op that has a goodn to get it started:
http://www.crosscountrysoaring.com/index.html Good thread topic!

-Paul