Old March 14th 04, 04:49 AM
MRQB

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 17:00:15 -0800, MRQB wrote:

night woke up about 4am logged on to eBay and to my surprise a local

area
person posted a nice little low time 1976 150 called the guy at 5am woke

him

I found the plane on ebay, item number 2466652124 and it does look nice, I
hope it works out for you, it's a risky purchase because it sat in a
hangar since 1987 and only got attention last year. I "HIGHLY" suggest
you put that plane on regular oil analysis to establish a trend and watch
it carefully for engine problems. I've seen too many of these hangar
queens lose an engine within the first couple hundred hours due to hidden
corrosion. Be very careful and particular when it comes to your engine.
Of course I could have read the ad wrong, and if I did you made out well.

A 76M for the price you say you got is a steal, watch for the cops at your
doorsteps, you flat out stole it if it's got a good engine, compressions
mean nothing on an engine that sat for 17 years in a hangar.

My A & P "Friend" that took me to do the pre buy said that every thing
looked good and in the report about how it was stored in the logs he said
was it was done properly somthing about "Preservative Oil used for anti
corrosion in the sump & cylinders" got me on that one did not know there was
such a thing!