Old May 4th 16, 03:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default cold weather flying

Good point! And that's a scenario that gives me the willies. At my
age, I might not be able to get out under those circumstances.

On 5/4/2016 7:51 AM, wrote:
Yes Dan I understand the aspects of the hike out. Most of my xc flying was out of minden and Ive had my share of hikes. As for getting out of the ship, boots may be important for another reason. My bro once had to bail out of a ventus after a midair. After a guy hit him my bro found himself in a high G loop (guy clipped my bros elevator it jammed in full up postion). My bro had to use his legs to kick out the canopy cause it wouldnt eject with the high poss G's. In this case his boots definitely saved his ass.

--
Dan, 5J