Old January 19th 07, 10:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
Jim Macklin

Default "Engineer's clearance received"

I some countries A&P mechanics are called Engineers. A
mechanical release after maintenance would normally be given
to the dispatcher and included in the flight manifest and
release forms.

"Danny Deger" wrote in message

| "Mxsmanic" wrote in message
| What does "Engineer's clearance received" mean in a
preflight
| checklist for a commercial airliner? This is in a 737,
which doesn't
| have a flight engineer, so I don't know what it's
supposed to cover.

| I don't think this is a real call in a real airplane. I
recommend posting