Old December 8th 04, 10:05 PM
Dave Schneider

Thanks. I finally found the same site after some searching. Pretty neat
little ultralight!

Is there any way to calculate wing loads on something like the following
(this is where I'm going). Do you think the skypup construction could
handle these loads:

http://groups.msn.com/LandsailerandI...ndconstruction

Thanks again for your help

wrote in message
oups.com...
On the SkyPup site the photos are groups by owner in the 'Kennels'
section. It will take a lot os searchign to find one with construction
details.

Good pictures of the wings and spars are also he

http://www2.wcoil.com/~rford/

The show the spar and rib construction quite well.

The Sky Pup is made of foam, wood and fabric so it is a composite
aircraft. Most of the time when refering to composite aricraft the
speaker
means fiberglass, kevlar or carbon fiber.

Conceptually, those other materials can be substituted for the wood
in a SKyPup-like design, though ther result might not necessarily have
a better strenght to weight ratio. The wood in the SKy Pup is used
very
efficiently.

--

FF