Old September 3rd 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Panic

Default Flight Questions

"Jon" wrote in message
ups.com...
I saw a show on PBS a while back where they went back to through the
history of commercial aviation in the US. International airlines do a
much better job in providing a better overall comfort package these
days; but I was amazed to see how much of a comfort it used to be to
fly in the US in the early days.

They showed passengers eating actual meals (a real cut of steak). Now
they're even cutting out the complimentary "meals" on many flights
(under 5 hours, IIRC?). Guess the bailout didn't quite cover the
margin and now we're the cattle sigh...

We passengers have voted to cut out meals in flight. We have done so by
shopping to find the cheapest flights to get from A to B without
consideration of the amenities. Those airlines that provide nice meals have
to charge for them or they will lose money.

Darrell R. Schmidt
B-58 Hustler Web Site
http://members.cox.net/dschmidt1/
USAF Pilot Class 55-I Web Site