Old March 19th 10, 07:09 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
Peter Skelton

Default "Vanishing American Air Superiority"

On Fri, 19 Mar 2010 16:38:07 +0000, "Paul J. Adam"
wrote:

In message
, Ken
S. Tucker writes
I read that Brit's used biplanes carrying torpedoes to get Bismarck,
Brits practically invented torpedoing ships from air.
Nazi torps were likely better than the Brits torps

Not in 1940. Fuzing problems and depth-keeping difficulties nearly as
bad as those of US weapons, though fixed much more urgently.

I'd thought the time periods were similar?

I snipped the rest of your post as obviously correct.

Peter Skelton