Old November 25th 17, 11:00 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Ferguson[_2_]

Default LX S80 or ERA 80?

Unfortunately the Era is still under development, not quite a finished
product. Having said that both varios are pretty equal if you don't mind
being a bit of a tester.

The S80 core seems to be the new common core across the LX range, if you
have a Nano or other LX devices they all look the same across the software
interface, take the same files for airspace, TPs, etc.

John

At 20:00 24 November 2017, Matt Herron Jr. wrote:
looking for a nice electronic vario/flight computer. I have used a V7 in
the past and liked it. Anyone want to share an opinion about the LX Nav
S80 vs the LX Navigation ERA 80?

I have flarm core, so I don't need the GPS. I also use an Oldie II, so

the
moving map features are less interesting to me. I like the idea of an

AH
add-on in the S80.

Fire away...