Old July 8th 07, 03:23 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Udo

Default GPS for retrieval only??

On Jul 7, 10:02 pm, Eric Greenwell wrote:
Udo wrote:
What is the best buy and ease of use, like entry of coordinates? Any
comments and suggestions.

Are you looking for detailed directions by road to the coordinate
location? If so, some of the car navigation systems, like TomTom, will
navigate to coordinates, and can be very useful for car navigation for
travel purposes. My wife and I travel in a short motorhome with a long
glider trailer, so a device that minimizes wrong turns, quickly recovers
when one is made, gets us in the correct lane for freeway entrances and
exits, and knows where the Wal-marts are located, is highly prized.

--
Eric Greenwell - Washington State, USA
* "Transponders in Sailplanes"http://tinyurl.com/y739x4

Eric,
I was thinking specifically for entering coordinates that would be
phoned in and used in the GPS for helping to find the glider and
pilot.
Udo