Old July 8th 07, 05:59 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Ash

Default GPS for retrieval only??

Udo wrote:
Colin
Does it mean the units you are talking about, of around $300, will do
the job? If so which of those would be best. My wife is planing to buy
a unit this week. The brand is Nextar regular for $350.00. Do you
think it will do the job that you mentioned?

Make sure it will let you input GPS coordinates and navigate to them. My
Tomtom Go doesn't let you do that. I didn't care at the time since I
bought it long before the idea of cross country retrieves was on my mind,
but it would be nice to have it now. So far I seem to be doing ok with
addresses and directions, but I'm thinking about replacing it with
something that will have that capability.

I don't suppose anyone out there knows how to fix mine up to allow GPS
coordinate input? I found a third-party add-on which claimed to allow this
but it appeared to be of questionable quality and tapping the icon on the
GPS screen didn't do anything.

--
Michael Ash
Rogue Amoeba Software