Old June 1st 08, 07:15 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Scott[_7_]

Default Mapping Glider Locations

COLIN LAMB wrote:

Response: See http://info.aprs.net/index.php?title=ControlOperator

Colin Lamb K7FM (licensed in 1959)

OK, I'm not trying to argue with you, but I'd wager in a court of law,
the FCC rules would take precidence over an aprs website wiki. Of
course, individual interpretation of FCC rules has always existed. I
have not used aprs, so I need to ask a question. Does an amateur radio
callsign need to be supplied to the aprs software? If so, I assume that
is the call sent out in the packets. If so, the person that holds that
callsign is responsible for the transmission. Would you be willing to
have your call in use with hundreds of aprs installations in gliders (or
anywhere else) being operated by unlicensed individuals? Not me!

Scott
N0EDV