Old June 13th 08, 01:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
raulb

Default Mayday in Utah

What I want to know is, how much are they going to charge the
motorglider pilot for the Global Hawk search and rescue team?

On Jun 11, 9:22*pm, wrote:
Today (June 11) Oakland Center asked the Global Hawk Test Team to help
with a Mayday call from a motorglider in Utah. *The team was flying a
new Global Hawk somewhat above 50,000 feet north of Edwards AFB and
was 8 hours into a 30 hour mission to test the sensor suite when OAK
Center made the request. *Center reported a Mayday from a "powered
glider with a failed engine" and asked if the Hawk could join in the
search and rescue. *Fortunately good news followed that the
motorglider had safely landed.

You all be careful out there. *We don't fly Hawks every day. *It is
better to have a SPOT and/or an ELT.

Soar safe, have fun, go fast and far,
Jim Payne