Old June 13th 08, 02:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
COLIN LAMB

Default Mayday in Utah

And, I forgot to mention that just because the MG has the same glide ratio
as the 1/26 does not mean that it will land in the same space. The MG has
more mass and some have a stall speed at about 50, which is different that a
1/26.

We can talk about whether or not the pilot was prepared, but that might be a
different question. We do not know all the facts. Maybe the pilot was
dehydrated. Maybe he was suffering from hypoxia. The good news is that he
is down and safe, and he did a lot more right than he did wrong.

Colin Lamb