Old June 24th 08, 08:58 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
JJ Sinclair

Default BNC installation

raulb wrote:
You really want that thing rattling about inside the fuselage? With
all the work you have already done on the fuselage, is it THAT much
harder to replace the entire cable?

Most antenna cables are epoxied to the fuselage at several locations
and can't be simply "replaced", also a new cable must be secured at
several locations in order to keep it from flopping around or it could
get tangled up with the elevator push-rod, couldn't it? Also, even it
I replaced the whole cable I would still have to connect it to the
antenna with a BNC, wouldn't I? Ever try to install a BNC inside a
fin? I have and decided connecting the two cables at the point of the
repair is the best way to go.

Just before closing the two halves of the fuselage, I will goop up the
BNC's & TE tube and secure them to one side with a string that goes
outside so that I can pull them tight and they can't "rattle around"
inside the fuselage.
This is not my first rodeo,
JJ