Old June 25th 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
COLIN LAMB

Default BNC installation

I wish I had known about the BNC crimpers decades ago. At this point, I
would drive 100 miles to get a proper crimper instead of soldering a BNC -
they are that much better. When someone asks me to assist on their radio
installation, the first thing I look at is the BNC connector. Usually, I
can stop there.

You do not want to buy a cheap one - but electronics supply houses sell them
for under $50. Make sure it is for 50 ohm coax and not 70 ohm stuff. Many
of the good crimpers have dies that fit into the jaws for each different
type of coax.

For the price of a good steak dinner, you can make life simpler and better.

Colin Lamb