Old June 25th 08, 04:44 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy[_1_]

Default BNC installation

On Jun 24, 7:52*pm, ContestID67 wrote:
6) If you are on the scene of a boom break (I have), resisting with
all your might the temptation of cutting all the lines (air, coax) to
speed up the removal of the dead beast from the scene of the crime.
It is much better to try to take the time to disconnect things at the
cockpit end and pull them back so that any necessary splicing is done
in a easily accessible place.

I too helped to retrieve a glider with a boom break. We splinted the
boom with trailer jack handles and lots of duct tape and put the
fuselage in the trailer in one piece. (Thanks to PC2 who had been
there, and done that, before.)

Andy