Old July 12th 08, 11:59 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Stealth Pilot[_2_]

Default The Cancer Engine

On Fri, 11 Jul 2008 19:52:49 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

Cancer is Bad Stuff. Cancer does not deserve a Good Fight nor going
down with the ship whilst keeping our Spirits Up. Yet I've been urged
to do all those things as if Cancer is an honorable opponent. It
isn't. And that means it does not deserve being treated fairly. If
the Cancer Man was looking for an easy mark he's already lost this
war. Pointing out this fact may have cost me a couple of friends --
good ones -- and I think that justifies a word of explanation.

keep up the fight mate.

now the reason that we tell you to stop feeling sorry for yourself and
get out there in the workshop, even if it is to collapse in that
comfortable chair I suggested is because of the way the human senses
work.

you may never have noticed this but when you listen for something the
amplifiers in your head turn up the sensitivity of your hearing.
when you are looking for something your sight gets keener. when you
feel for something your touch sense gets amplified.

so if you sit there thinking about the cancer it will get the sensory
volume turned up. it's a bugger but we cant control the volume.
it happens automatically when we are doing something.
the only way to have it work beneficially is to go and do something
interesting ....out in the workshop.

btw give your wife a tender pat on the bum as you go out :-)
cant have her thinking you've forgotten.

Stealth Pilot