Old July 12th 08, 02:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
COLIN LAMB

Default The Cancer Engine

I was there - once upon a time, now 12 years ago.

I made the following observations:

1. Take advantage of it and use it as an excuse to avoid going to events
you never wanted to go to in the first place. LIfe is short, take advantage
of excuses.

2. Use it as an excuse to clean up your desk - that will give you a few
years after recovery of good work space.

3. Steroids makes everything taste like cardboard. There will be some
items that you will never want again, because they still taste like
cardboard.

4. Junk food, with lots of salt, generally tastes much better. I figured I
had been eating healthy all my life and it did not work, so I changed my
diet to junk food during chemotherapy. To hell with guilt. Milk shakes
were very good!

5. If you get rid of many of your toys, it will take many years to
accumulate others, and your wife will longingly talk of the good times as
when you had the big C and finally cleaned up your shop.

6. I adopted the attitude that death was an irrelevant event. All it does
is stop the aging process.

7. After recovery, you can decrease your odds of dying from cancer by
changing your lifestyle. I started flying helicopters. People wanted to
know wny and I told them it reduced my chances of dying from cancer. They
shook their head.

Been there, done that. Colin