Old February 26th 15, 10:05 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Don Davidson

Default CNVV question

Hi, I'm planning to attend a mountain flying course at CNVV in St. Auban in June, and I'm trying to get answers to a couple of questions from others who have flown there.

First, I speak only enough French to mangle a dinner order. How much of an obstacle is that likely to be both for flight instruction and getting around the area?

Second, my non-pilot wife is going to accompany me, and I want to find some really nice accommodations for her to enjoy while I'm flying. Any suggestions? We'll probably have a rental car, so it won't be a problem for me to drive to the airport from someplace reasonably close.

Finally, we'll plan to do some sightseeing and other activities together while we're in the area, so any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,
Don Davidson