Built this in my shop yesterday.
Total parts cost was right about $47.00 and total time to build was eight
hours. I deviated a little from the plans because I didn't have some of the
stuff laying around (the telescoping steering shaft). Consequently my lower
wheel adjustment is a little crude but it works.
The bearings were more than half the cost. The steel was less than eight
bucks. I used #8 hardness bolts throughout and gas welded the whole thing
I think it's going to work ok. I made a fender for my wife's bike last
night. Of course it started out as a windshield faring for the Cassutt but
Bill, wheeling for dollars, C85