Old September 8th 03, 04:27 AM
Corrie

Ernest Christley wrote in message m...
I was "allowed" to ferry the plane to a mechanic, who installed a set
of $25 airworthy chains. I was also allowed to keep the un-used
links of the airworthy chains. And I had the original chains that I
had replaced.

A group of us tried to find any difference between the airworthy links
and the ones my mom used. We looked at them really close, put them in
pliers and bent them back and forth. Duh? No difference!

Now I'm really curious. Saw some stainless steel cable at the tractor
supply the other day for about $1 foot. 1/8" and looked to be about 9
cords, each with 7 wires. Is there a difference between the steel cable
found at the tractor supply and what AS&S ships?

Biggest difference is probably the per-foot marking on the price tag.