Old January 25th 04, 02:33 AM
E. A. Grens

Ray -

Our club, Silverado Soaring, operates out of Truckee-Tahoe Airport
(uncontrolled) in the summer, where runways 19 and 28 are normally in use.
We frequently use 19 when (most) power traffic is using 28. This doesn't
seem to cause problems, as sailplane landings on 19 stop long short of 28.
The clubs BASA and NCSA also use this arrangement, as far as I know, without
problems.

I appreciate your concern, as my son was a student member at LaGrange before
he (unfortunately) gave up soaring. I understand that you abandoned your
winch. To me this is very sad, as the winch is a great way to be introduced
to soaring.

Ed Grens
Romeo Delta wrote in message
nderstandnews:67684cb5.0401230912.2899ca9a@posting .google.com...
I request response from any individual or club operators that fly
gliders at a publicly funded, uncontrolled U.S. airport that has
intersecting, concurrently active runways.

I thank you in advance for your responses in this matter.

Ray