Old November 12th 12, 01:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Jess Lurkin[_4_]

Default How many have seen this? It's my first time. GULP! - 1 attachment

Holy Jimmy Doolittle, Batman! These old girls and their
drivers never cease to amaze. I imagine the "aviators"
got some new respect for the "pilots" that day.

From the article -

This is not photoshopped. It happened in early 1990 in the Persian Gulf,
while U.S. carriers and B-52s were holding joint exercises. Two B-52s called
the carrier (USS Ranger) and asked if they could do a fly-by, and the carrier
air controller said yes. When the B-52s reported they were 9 kilometers out,
the carrier controller said he didn't see them. The B-52s told the carrier
folks to look down. The paint job on the B-52 made it hard to see from above,
but as it got closer, the sailors could make it out, and the water the B-52
jets were causing to spray out. It's very, very rare for a USAF aircraft to
do a fly-by below the flight deck of a carrier. But B-52s had been practicing
low level flights for years, to come in under Soviet radar. In this case, the
B-52 pilots asked the carrier controller if they would like the bombers come
around again. The carrier guys said yes, and a lot more sailors had their
cameras out this time.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	B52 Flyby.jpg