Old June 25th 06, 10:12 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default Evening Admission at Oshkosh

wrote in message ...
Last year my wife only came to the show with me for a few days. For one
of
those days she put on the wrong day's wristband, and we didn't realize it
until almost the end of the day. We'd gone through numerous gates
throughout the day and no one questioned it. Maybe it was because she was
with me and I had a full week pass wristband on, but who knows? I'd
suggest
the OP buy the wristband for the next day, and try getting in when he
arrives the day before. The worst that could happen is that they'll stop
you and you'll have to buy another band.
Scott Wilson

On the other hand, an event like Airventure costs money to stage. Everything
from providing porta-potties, to keeping the grass cut, to putting on
evening entertainment. At $21/day, it is a real bargain and the admission
price typically doesn't represent a big portion of the trip's cost. Why
short-change the event that is the focus of your trip? Most of us probably
wouldn't try and sneak off without paying for gas in our car or airplane,
and if you boil it down, paying for admission to the show isn't any
different.

KB