Old July 19th 14, 07:20 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Chris Rollings[_2_]

Default Fatal crash Arizona

Quite right, individual clubs may have had a minimum turn back height as
advice or even a rule, the BGA has not. I write as the ex-National Coach
who produced the BGA Instructor's Manual.

At 02:47 19 July 2014, waremark wrote:
Don's suggestion that there is a rigid rule about turn back heights in

the
=
UK is a surprise to me (I am an instructor). Select the least bad option
at=
the time. Prepare students for it by (at an earlier stage) saying 'from
he=
re I would..'. Later asking 'if the tow fails here, where would you go?'

In most circumstances from 200 foot I would turn back.