Old June 5th 20, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Wing root bearings hard to align/rotate to correct position.

I had two issues with mine.

For the outer ball rotating in socket bearing, I used wooden dowel to help move the bearing to get it loose. Some oil, and scraping with something plastic, then rotated it inside out to get the back side. I was careful to keep track of which was inside and outside. Lubed with grease after cleaning.

For the inner hole where the pin slides in, there were some burs on the outside front of the alignment taper. These I honed off with a fine, round stone. Didn't grind inside the the hole where the pin mates and cleaned out the grit afterwords.

My pins were ok, so the result assembled well as long as I wiped off and lubed the pins and sockets at least every other assembly.

Similar story for the pin sockets for the mian pins, except I don't think I remember being able to rotate them backwards?