Old November 16th 19, 11:26 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andreas Maurer[_2_]

Default In flight phone/camera charging

On Fri, 15 Nov 2019 09:30:25 -0800 (PST), Brian
wrote:

On Friday, November 15, 2019 at 6:27:30 AM UTC-7, Emir Sherbi wrote:
I had a lot of noise issues with the USB ports. Some of them work, others not. The most practical was to carry a portable powerbank, but is another thing that you have to remember to charge....

I have tried a few as well and also had issues with noise. So far been using a powerbank as well. But if willing to try some recommendations for low noise outlets.

Never use a 12V car charger, but use an RC UBEC instead that is
usually used to power RC components in model aircraft. These UBECs are
designed to create as little noise as possible in order not to disturb
the RC receiver.

An example:
https://www.banggood.com/External-BE...r_warehouse=CN

Been using many of those for ages. Works like a charm.