Old July 26th 05, 07:37 PM
Jim Burns

Then
I replaced the 1930's-design vibrating point voltage regulators with a
Zeftronics set ($500 or so for the pair) and all the problems went
away, just like that. On top of that, the system is truly redundant
now - the regulators talk to each other and balance the laod based on
current, not voltage. If one is offline, it can't take down the other.

Michael,
Could you elaborate more on the Zeftronics system and it's components? I
believe that the regulators on our Aztec need adjustment as our left
alternator has a larger draw on it than the right. I've been told that
adjusting them isn't particularly fun and would be interested in the
Zeftronics system should we find adjusting the regulators does not solve our
output imbalance.
Thanks as always,
Jim Burns