Old February 10th 06, 02:52 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt

Default 7/8 Nieuport 11 flying qualities?

"Big John" wrote in message
Original birds in WWI operated off grass fields and had 'skags' (sp).

With full back stick you dug the 'skag' in ground and didn't need
brakes to stop.

If you build a prototype today you need brakes as most, if not all,
flying is off hard surface.

Big John

I wonder if anyone has tried using a skag, only cutting the tread section
off of an old auto tire and bolting it onto the bottom. It seems to me that
many of the same attributes would be attained, and some of the same ground
handling characteristics.
--
Jim in NC