Old July 6th 10, 04:34 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Legends of Flight IMAX

On Jul 6, 9:48*am, Darryl Ramm wrote:
On Jul 6, 6:12*am, Tony wrote:

Has anyone else seen it? *Has a nice sequence of an ASW-24 in the
mountains. *I was watching on an IMAX Dome which sort of distorted the
image so I'm not sure if it was CGI or not, although I suspect it
was.

The film was about the 787 and featured Boeings chief test pilot. *It
sort of was a basic 40 minute history of technology advancements in
aviaiton. Pretty neat.

http://www.legendsofflightfilm.com/

See the "Schleicher Glider" video in the multimedia section.

Fake looking wings, meant to be an ASW-20 has ASW-22 looking wings
that don't flex as the G loading changes. And amusingly SSA contest ID
belongs to somebody who owns an umm PW5. Ha.

It would be really nice had they tried to do something real.

Darryl

ok it was just as fake looking on the flat screen as on the dome.