Old September 4th 16, 04:34 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default New Zealand soaring movie

One of the things we discovered during the filming of "Cloudstreet" is that continuity between scenes is difficult to manage. In one of the takeoff scenes, I climb into the cockpit wearing a dark blue shirt and somehow change into a white T-shirt for the launch. Embarrassing to professional filmmakers, but we just had to go with it due to the limited production budget (which was still astronomical to us).

And yes, shooting many flights and cutting together various scenes so that it appears to be one flight is a necessary tool. It can't be helped, especially with limited cameras and time aloft.

But that made it more fun.