Old February 7th 05, 11:06 PM
Don Hammer

Thanks for the clarification. All the ones I have flown are cable actuated
and they of course have gust locks. Even so, one of our Lears had the
rudder stops beat up when a Falcon parked right behind us blew our rudder
around, even with the gust lock installed. Ouch.

I know the feeling. I am completing a G-550 for a client. A couple
of months ago they pushed it out of the paint hangar. The spoiler
boards were disconnected from their actuators so they could paint
under them. An airliner coming off of the gate swung around and blew
the boards open damaging them and the panels forward of the boards.
Big ouch!!!

Large transport aircraft either restrict or stop the hydraulic flow to
and from the actuators with pressure off so they don't need any other
locks.