Old January 28th 18, 07:45 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Hard Deck

On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 6:44:40 PM UTC-8, Steve Koerner wrote:
9B can always be counted on to do a good job of thinking out the ramifications. It's a very good thing to finally have Andy on the rules committee.

I'm also glad to find something to agree with Jon Fitch about here. Going to the lake side of the Tahoe ridge is a concept that I abhor and will absolutely never do intentionally. It sounds like there are a bunch of us that feel that way. You local guys need to please come up with a steering turn concept like you are suggesting or some other way to take that particular option off the table before the next Region 11. I really don't want to be around when we're fishing a glider and its contents out of the lake. As you say, there are ways to address those sorts of particular site specific hazardous temptations within the present framework of rules.

I will bring it up with the CM and the CD, but given who the Elevator is named for, I'm not hopeful....

But, the use of the elevator is exactly the sort of situation from which my alleged ignorance stems.