Old February 13th 18, 05:10 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Condor2, inbound on final glide!

I would like to take some credit for the recent release of Condor2.

After working on it for nearly two years (not steadily), I recently published a Condor Orientation document to my website, gliderCFI.com. The orientation, while not everything there is to know about Condor, is a compilation of everything I have learned about the software over the last 8 years as I have levered its features and capabilities to improved glider flight training.

As a disciple of Murphy, I firmly believed the instant I completed my work, based on Condor version 1.1.5, the Condor guys would announce the new release, likely rendering my work obsolete. And so it came to pass, at least the release timing.

To all of you who have waiting so patiently for this day, you are welcome.

====

This is however some evidence here that Murphy may be getting a little soft.. After a quick read through the Condor2 manual, it would appear that much of what I have documented about the software may still be true, so my labor may not have been entirely in vain.

If you are interested, my orientation document is available (as are all my Version 1.1.5 training resources) at no charge, from my website. Follow the drop-down menu under "Condor" or use the link below.

http://glidercfi.com/condor/orientat...tion-document/

====

Congratulations to the entire Condor2 team, and thank you for all you have done to produce a truly amazing simulation of soaring flight.

Sincerely,

Scott Manley - 3167160CFI
a.k.a. The Condor Guy