Old March 4th 20, 04:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Wyll Surf Air

Default Flarmnet

@Martin that us just plain wrong. The Soft RF can be picked up by any Flarm or Power Flarm equipped aircraft. I have used it at contest before and I was able to see all my competitors and they were all able to see me. I agree it would be nice to have ADSB in as well but for $60 you can get 80% of what flarm does for 5% the cost. Paired with a good transponder and it works well for me. I think technology's like this are the future of soaring. If we can't make the sport more affordable then we run the risk of it dying out all together.