Old May 26th 19, 08:35 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Feb Soaring: MiniLAK FES article

On Sunday, May 26, 2019 at 1:40:39 PM UTC-4, wrote:
Hello,
do you have any additional insights to share about your Mini-Lak, please?
I am currently considering one seriously.
Thanks

There is one for sale at Bermuda High Soaring .
Here is an email from Jain , I got last week:

Please pass this on to your friends in Soaring. I have not been able to spend much time marketing the glider for Eliel's family because of preparing for the Nationals and family situations. I hope that you will know someone who is interested in a new 13.5 meter glider in your club?
13.5 class. The price on this NEW glider is negotiable. It is being sold by the family of Eliel de la Paz who passed away last year. His family is in Arizona. Please contact Dan at 480-650-3229 or Alma at 928-581-1827 for discussion regarding offers.
Please make any resonable offer. It is a new glider.
It is a shame to let such a beautiful glider sit on the field and not fly. I cleaned the trailer today. It cost more than 68,000 orginally and the family has lowered the price to 58,000 and accepting offers.

The glider is located at Bermuda High Glider Field in South Carolina. Serial number 007. Empty mass 173.60 kg or 383 pounds. KRT2 VHF Communication Transceiver. LXS80/S8 Digital speed to fly variometer, final glide calculator and navigation system with moving map. IGC Flight Recorder with backup battery. Winter Airspeed. Winter Variometer. Altimeter.
It now has it's EXPERIMENTAL airworthiness and it is registered, ready to be sold. New enclosed trailer made by Sportine Aviacija IR KO with "glass sandwich" floor and top.
It was flown for it's test flight June of 2017 at EYPR (Lithuania). The following month this plane placed 2nd in World Competition under the keen pilotage of Uli Schwenk in Hungary. Eliel de la Paz was kind enough to allow it to be flown in the Worlds.
When we had it inspected for it's airworthiness certificate, we put in a "chin" hook. It arrived with a CG hook, but per regulations, it needed a "chin" hook. (for aero tow)
Rick Sheppe has flown it and admires the way it flies.
Thank you for passing this on to your clubs and soaring friends.
You are welcome to look at it on the field.Attached are photos!!
I will post more photos on our facebook page.
With appreciation,
Jayne