Old December 29th 19, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Locating Transponder Antenna on top of the fuselage instead of under it.

The ground plane in my glider is mounted to the inside of the carbon
skin and I'm told my transponder is quite visible.Â* My installation also
passed the ADS-B test with flying colors.

On 12/28/2019 5:10 PM, wrote:
"Pay attention to the proper ground plane installation with any of the standard external transponder 1/4 wave antenna. That is very important."
Can the ground Plane be inside a carbon fibre fuselage for an external blade type antenna ?
Dan

--
Dan, 5J