Old March 14th 05, 12:41 AM
Go

I have used the EDS for five years now and only replace the battery
every season with a lot of (sorry I have no specific number of hours
operation to relate) flying above 12.5k' out here in the west.

I do keep a 9v battery with electrical tape over the contacts in my
little flight pouch in the cockpit. It is easy to replace in flight.

If it DOES lose power the default is to continuous flow. On one
occasion (this is why I carry a spare) this happened over the White
Mtns. and I actually regulated the airflow by squeezing the tube so as
not to run out of O2 on a fun day.

In my new ship I am connecting the EDS to main power, there is an
external power jack. But still keep a 9V in the unit (isolated) as a
back up. Total power loss, I still have O2 and a vario.

It seems to me this is a good plan. Any better ideas out there?

Go