Old April 26th 05, 07:44 PM
ContestID67

Default Painting a Fiberglass Trailer Experiences

This is not a question, just a comment about a recent experience.

I have a fiberglass trailer that needed a repainting. After asking
around some trailer manufacturers the general conscensus was to use a
two part epoxy paint.

I ended up using Benjamin Moore M36/M37 gloss white tintable epoxy
paint. It costs about $100 for one gallon of part A and one gallon of
part B. Two gallons are said to cover 880 sq ft. It dries to 2mils so
it is significant protection. I started with a brush but it is so
thick that I had to switch to a roller for the broad flat surfaces.
Wear gloves and a hat. I got some in my hair and it may not go away
until I get my next hair cut. As it is tintable you can go with
something other than plain white for no extra charge.

All in all the trailer looks great and I recommend this solution.

http://www.benjaminmoore.com/tds/1033/TDSM36M37.pdf

- John