Old October 29th 03, 02:17 AM
Morgans

"Harry Gordon" wrote in message
Hi folks. Just returned from a fantastic vacation in WI. In my previous
posting I was concerned about taking my hand-held radio on-board with me.
Well, just to let you know...I went through 2 security screenings (one at
SAT and the other at MKE). At SAT, they didn't like all the wires in my
flight bag (what they saw on x-ray).

snip

Just thought you might like to
know.... now, if I could just find some way to keep the hook in my pants
from setting off the walk-thru.... :-)

Harry

You call your unit the hook? WoW!

Sorry, don't plonk me everyone! I couldn't resist! I won't do it again.
:-)

Interesting. Thanks.

A couple years ago, I flew into Milwaukee, for OSH. I was camping with the
explorers, and I am a hopeless gadgethead. No power in the tent, so I had a
"jump start" battery pack to provide power for recharging the handheld, a
power inverter for the laptop, a charger for batteries for the digital
camera, and other radios, a voltmeter, various jumpers and other chargers
and stuff. I would charge the pack by day and power my other stuff at
night. I packed most of it in my check in bag, fully expecting it to be
opened, but as far as I could tell, they didn't touch it. I was surprised.
--
Jim in NC