Old November 14th 03, 03:53 AM
Slingsby

Gordon Schubert wrote in message ...
I CURRENTLY FLY AN L33 SOLO AND AM LOOKING FOR A HIGHER
PERFORMANCE SHIP. tHE LS3A CAUGHT MY EYE. I AM ABOUT
6'1' AND 240 LBS WITH BROAD SHOULDERS (REALLY). CAN
ANYONE GIVE ME OPINIONS ON THE GOOD AND BAD OF AN LS3A?
THANKS
GORDY

Look at the Genesis 2. The same Cleveland wheel and brake system as
is used on Cessna aircraft. A well designed and built wing spar which
will not delaminate in turbulance, now or ten years from now unless
you figure out a way to pull a lot more g's than any other glider is
capable of pulling. A very large and comfortable cockpit which will
easily fit you, shoulders and all. Climb performance equal to any
other standard class glider, better high speed performance. Better
stability in turbulant air. No gel coat. A tailboom which you probably
can't break during a groundloop, off field landing, or bounced landing
although anything is possible, just not as likely as with a regular
boomsnapper. Read the thread about doing stall/spins in a Ventus
because you probably can't do any of that in a Genesis unless you fly
with a seriously aft cg.