Old May 12th 05, 02:33 PM
Gig 601XL Builder

"abripl" wrote in message
oups.com...
I must say, the sight of one sitting on the ground cuffed while the

other
was cuffed prone, flat on the runway made me sick and angry. It was
unnecessary.

I don't know what it is about cuffing people that some cops are
addicted to. Its not just in this case but I saw it in nearly ordinary
automobile traffic cases. Maybe its a feeling of power or a public show
that they are doing something. I can see in case of physically
dangerous or armed individuals. Guess humans never really get past the
dark ages syndrome.

Well, let's think about this for a minute. You have people that have broken
the law or that you highly suspect have done so. You have a person or
persons there who is armed and has that weapon in a holster. The armed
person may need to use thier hands for something other than control the
suspect.

Oh, wait the suspect has hands to that just might be able to reach out and
grab the weapon. So, the officer says hey cool I have the neat things on my
belt that will allow me to do my job and at the same time make sure that the
suspect doesn't get my gun and shoot me with it.