Old February 23rd 09, 11:03 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Darkwing

Default Sad day for Mxsmanic

"Mxsmanic" wrote in message
"Darkwing" theducksmail"AT"yahoo.com writes:

For the same reason I'm really good at killing zombies on my computer, it
isn't real life you nitwit.

Unfortunately, that's not an answer. The reality is that there is no
basis
for your assertion.

It has long been taken as gospel that a non-pilot could never land an
airliner, and as long as one sticks to the outdated assumption that he'd
have
to actually take the controls, that's probably true. But today's
airliners
are so heavily automated that they can be flown and landed without ever
touching the flight controls, so the dogma of yesteryear is no longer
applicable.

Dude, I wouldn't guarantee that I could land an airliner, even if I did it
wouldn't be pretty. But don't let reality get in the way of your delusion of
saving the day. If you want to pretend that pushing a few buttons that you
are told to push and the thing autolanding as "really" landing an airliner
then that is hardly landing an airliner. Now if you want to talk hand flying
the plane onto the runway with just MSFS experience as your background then
I think you live in fantasy land.